To the pointe
June 2020: Good News! Oakwood Ballet is pleased to announce, with proper safety measures, we can start a limited to re-opening this summer. Our offerings will be shorter in duration and limited to 5-6 dancers in each group. They serve as placeholder experiences to support your child’s developmental self-expression along with an opportunity for some dancing fun! Below is a list of guidelines for ballet, in order for you to make an informed decision to join us.
Staying Healthy at Oakwood Ballet
- Students/Parent/Teacher will follow best practices including self-monitoring (temperature assessment); sanitizing hands before/after camp; staying home if symptomatic.
- Camps are limited to 5-6 participants to observe social distancing. Visual markers for students/parents will serve as guides.
- Student/Parent/Teacher are strongly encouraged to show mutual respect by wearing a face covering during drop off/pick up times. Social distancing will be maintained though face coverings will NOT be worn while we are dancing.
- Camp duration includes time for the dancer to get ready/sanitize hands before/after Camp. Personal belongings and any materials needed for camp will be kept in the dancer’s bag so items are not commingled.
- Students will be accompanied by one household member only and be assigned a specific door to enter/exit the building. Details will be sent to those enrolled.
- Only one group at a time allowed in the OCC.
- All equipment used during camp will be sanitized before/after each group.
- To minimize/eliminate trips in/out of the Great Room, students will need to use the restroom before camp. No snacks, but students may bring their own water bottle if desired.
I welcome your questions – email@example.com.